Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The "Mini-Moon"

I think I remember mentioning it rained on our wedding night. Torrential rains in fact. Anyway the next day was perfect. We went to a bed and breakfast in Guthrie for the weekend. Tandy didn't know what I had planned even though she had tried to pry it out of me several times. I had teased her more than once telling her that I thought we'd just stay at home since the kids would not be there. She'd just laugh and say, "No".

So, on the trip that night she asked where we were going and I said, "Oh, you'll see". When we approached the exit to go home I slowed down and started to pull over. "Are we going home?" Tandy asked nervously. I just laughed and said, "No".

Aaron's Gate country inn is an extension of the Arcadian Inn in Edmond, and is located near Guthrie.


You get a private cottage all to yourself instead of a single room in a boarding house. Breakfast is in the fridge in a ready-to-make condition and we had a plate of strawberries and cream and chocolate waiting for us. It was great. Breakfast was just for the first morning and we stayed there 2 nights so that Saturday evening we went out to dinner and then into Guthrie to get some things for the next morning.


We went to a place called Woody's on highway 33 East of Guthrie for dinner. Tandy's employer, (and friend) Holly said it was really good so we went searching for it and boy was she right. Some of the best bbq I've ever had. We had a Woody's sampler platter and shared it. Steak, chicken, a rib, sausage, and a baked potato. We meant to ask for a menu to keep as a souvenir but we forgot, I guess we'll just have to go back again another day. Tandy had never been to Guthrie before so I showed her around town a little. Cottonwood creek was out of its banks (of course) after the rain from the day before. We stopped at the store and got snacks and stuff for breakfast and communion the next morning.


We had a really pretty sunset that night but I didn't get a very good picture of it. Unfortunately we had to leave our little paradise the next day and it was immediately back to the real world. We set up Elizabeth's bed and her closet that afternoon when we got home so that she would have a place to call her own. She and Amanda are sharing a room for the first time, and there are still adjustments being made, but so far so good.


We had a good time that weekend, played cards, watched a movie, ate strawberries and chocolate and, you know, did some other stuff too. A good start.......

No comments:

Verse of the Day