Friday, January 5, 2007

Tandy's Handiwork and "THE RING"

I thought that I would show off some the the gifts that Tandy made this year. She made these OSU blankets for the boys for christmas. They still aren't quite done yet, she is going to cross-stitch Pistol Pete in the remaining black square. She started out with a book pattern and then altered it to suit her needs. I went around the house taking pictures of ties, t-shirts, posters and hats to get the images for the cross-stitch. Tandy's sister Sandy has a program that will turn jpeg's into patterns. She then altered those, colorwise and size, to fit the afghan squares. The boys were both pretty impressed, Jeff wants to use his all the time and Jack says, "It's not for using, it's for hanging on the wall and admiring so it won't get messed up." I'll post a picture of the fully completed blanket when Pete is done.



This flag afghan was done for my birthday in October. Much of the work was done in my presence while watching movies or playing games with the kids. I'm a sucker for Americana and this fits right in with me. It's really pretty, the picture doesn't do it justice.




Finally, for those who've said they can't see the ring very well in other pictures, here is a picture of the ring. Click on it for a bigger image. Ladies have come all the way across the church building after service because they thought they saw something "sparkly". Which of course makes me wonder why they are watching me/us instead of paying attention to the sermon. Anyway, most of the comments I get are, "You picked that out yourself? No help at all? You did a really good job." And then the guys complain that I've set the bar too high. Oh well, I like it and Tandy loves it, so I guess I did ok.

No comments:

Verse of the Day