Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Why am I here?


The answer........42. Bonus points for anyone who gets the literary reference, (no it isn't in my list of favorite books). For those of you that don't know, the answer will be in an upcoming blog. How's that for a hook?

Really though, let's talk turkey for a minute. As in Turkey Day 2006. I wasn't really keen on it this year what with recent changes in the family and all, but I got a wonderful invite from my big brother to eat at his place and thought it might just be the pick-me-up I needed so off I went. Upon arrival I discovered my favorite niece named Audrey prowling around the kitchen amidst several cauldrons of some pretty good smelling Thanksgiving goo. Richard had smoked a bird and it looked and smelled pretty good too, but I digress. Having not seen Audrey in a while I was wont to give her a big hug and have a catch-up chat. I commented that I had read her "border-blog" about her trip to Laredo and thought that it sounded like a very interesting trip. She agreed that it had been interesting, but what might be more interesting is why her Aunts and Uncles all read and comment on the cousins blogs, but don't blog themselves. "Don't you think we'd be interested to read your thoughts and feelings?", she said. Well, no, in fact that had never occurred to me. But, once spoken, I haven't been able to evacuate it from my head since. If only she could overcome her shy, quiet ways and get to the point already!

This is the result. An Aggie blog, random musings of a diehard OSU fan (remember we prefer Agro-American), a techno-geekie Star Wars freak, handy Craig-of-many-trades, and generally speaking, all-around good guy.

Fighting for truth, justice and the american way...............

Peace,

Craig

P.S. Thanks Audrey for the idea. We'll see how it goes. Love you much. C

3 comments:

_ ANEW _ said...

Hi Craig!

I know why I'm here - I found your blog on the front page of Blogger.com, listed as an update - so I clicked on it!

It looks to be a new creation so I would like to say GOOD LUCK with it : )

Audrey said...

I can't believe I'm not your first comment. Boo.

I'm glad you're on the blogging bandwagon. I'll add you to my list of regular reads

Love you, can't wait to be home for Christmas break (I actually just turned in my final project, wahoo!).

ad

Audrey said...

Oh, and I won't give away the answer, but I got the reference you made.

42 is the answer (life, universe, everything) :)

Verse of the Day