Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Not-so Melancholidays

Up and down days this holiday season, but the last few days have been pretty good. Christmas, as predicted, was different this year. Filled with a longing for some folks now gone, but it was not a sad christmas. After all, I got to spend time with a good portion of the people that I love the most in this world. We ate too much, we laughed together, we talked and played the "what did you get for....." game. We had Richard's chewy pecan pie, and about 15 other wonderful desserts. It was a good day. Oh, and I asked my girl to be my wife, and she said yes. Wonderful! More details on that in a forthcoming blog (with pictures). It helped a lot I think, I was so busy trying to get everything done for work and for christmas, I just didn't have time to be awash in sadness. Here are the last few days in pictures:

We had our holiday dinner at Search. Smoked ribs, pork loin and the other two major food groups; potatoes and dessert. Yummy!!





We also played dirty Santa this year again. Here is a picture of Jerry Campbell getting yet another quality gift in the exchange. Last year it was a miniature disco ball that he got stuck with. Some guys have all the luck.


This is my Search family, (and a few guests), Mark is taking this picture, so he's not seen, but that's all the staff, Tandy, and a couple of volunteers.



Jeff is taking band this year for the first time and playing the cornet. His first concert was on the 18th and he did very well. The only good shot I could get was from the balcony before they started, but that's my boy there, the good looking kid in the white shirt.

Christmas morning at my house was fun. Tandy and Elizabeth came over about 8:00 and we did stockings and then opened gifts. The kids got to come home on Sunday night so they were there too and eager to get started. The jolly fat one left a lot of stuff for the kids to discover and there was a big mess afterward. A lot of fun.



Jack got an MP3 player, Amanda a camera and Jeff scored a DS lite. Woo Hoo!











Tandy and Elizabeth played with the Magnetix, (pretty neat toy) and we all recovered from the present unwrapping frenzy. What a mess! After an hour or so of recovery and play time, we headed off to Sheila's house for dinner and the "mystery gift"...........
Stay tuned there's more to come,
Craig

No comments:

Verse of the Day