Thursday, December 28, 2006

For Tandy

We met one year ago today. It was at the year-end worship service at Edmond. I remember how nervous I was and thinking you were a lot shorter than I had thought you were. So I managed to mumble a few words, I don't think it even qualified as small talk and asked if I could call you sometime. Sure you said, but then you didn't answer your phone for 4 days because it was broken. I didn't know that of course and so I thought that you had decided to pass on me and I was ready to give up. That's when you called me. It was easier to talk to you then I guess because we weren't face to face and we talked for almost an hour. I remember I was going somewhere and the kids kept bugging me to get off the phone. That was one year ago.

It's been quite a year sweetheart, hasn't it? Trying to get to know each other, both still recovering from divorces, learning how to be good friends, best of friends. In the middle of this we spent two months at the hospital with mom, sat through 3 funerals of close family members together, and dealt with the ugliness of jealous people (also family). You learned that worship can be very emotional for me, especially during certain songs or scriptures. We learned how to help each other heal, how to comfort one another. That's what good friends do. And we learned to love each other.

Our relationship grew and so did our feelings for one another. One constant this year, one good thing all year, was you. I often go to bed thinking of you, and begin the next day thinking of you as I wake. Your smile, your desire to study God's word, your eagerness to help or to do for someone else, your laugh. The way you care about and care for my children as if they were your own. You are beautiful on the inside as well as the outside. These are just some of the things that I love about you. I don't know what God has given us; 20 days, or 20 years or more, I just know that I want to share them with you.

It was one year ago today we met. I had no idea then that I would one day ask you to be my wife, and that you would say yes.

I Love You,
Craig

No comments:

Verse of the Day