Thursday, December 7, 2006

Blog the 1st - A Rant

--Begin--

First I will admit that I am behind. At devotional early this week Kerry said, "What do you think of the Congressman-elect (Keith Ellison) that wants to take his oath on the quran?"

Why would he want to do that? Is he a muslim? (Told you I was behind). So, I did some reading up on the subject. Sure enough, our friends in Minnesota have elected a muslim to congress, and he wants to take his oath on the quran rather than the bible. Two good articles to read here and here.

So now there is heated discussion over whether or not he should be allowed to do this. After all, the use of the bible at the swearing in ceremony is only traditional. I think perhaps, now America listen closely, I think we might be missing the point here. Should he swear in on the quran? Does he have the right to? Sure. Should he be sworn in at all? That's the question.

Some quotes from the articles :

A black convert to orthodox Sunni Islam, Ellison spoke to the North American Imams Federation, or NAIF, at the group's Nov. 19 conference in Minneapolis.
His talk flowed into a breakout session listed on the agenda simply as "American Open University," according to the conference program. It turns out the university is a distance-learning center based in Alexandria, Va., and known to local law enforcement as "Wahhabi Online."
Later that day, Ellison met with NAIF's president, Omar Ahmad Shahin, who lectures at the same American Open University. (He also met at the time with New York imam Siraj Wahhaj, an unindicted co-conspirator in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.) The radical Islamic school trains many of NAIF's more than 150 members, who control mosques across America.
American Open University supports Sharia, or Islamic law. And its founder and chairman, Jaafar Sheikh Idris, has denounced the U.S system of democracy as "the antithesis of Islam" and argued no man has the right to make laws outside Allah's laws expressed in the Quran.
"There is a basic difference between Islam and this form of democracy," he says. "The basic difference is that in Islam it is [Allah's] law as expressed in the Quran and the Sunna that is the supreme law within the limits of which people have the right to legislate.
"No one can be a Muslim who makes or freely accepts or believes that anyone has the right to make or accept legislation that is contrary to that divine law," Idris adds. "Examples of such violations include the legalization of alcoholic drinks, gambling, homosexuality, usury or interest, and even adoption."
Conversely, laws prohibiting polygamy and domestic violence also violate the Quran.
Further, he maintains that no Muslim elected to Congress or the White House can swear to uphold the U.S. Constitution and still be a Muslim.
Also, he asserts that "there is absolutely no compromise: Any belief that contradicts Islam is false."

So, can Keith Ellison, aka Hakim-Mohammed, be an effective American leader, lawmaker, or legislator? He says he is a patriot, his religion says he cannot be loyal to the US Government or to any "man-made" laws created by that government. His religion says that anyone that doesn't think, feel and believe as he does is the enemy. Perhaps Hakim is a lukewarm muslim.

I am a Christian. My purpose? To teach others about Jesus Christ. To spread the Gospel. To go to Heaven when I die and get as many people on that path with me as I can.

Many will persecute me for my beliefs. Many will turn away from me and refuse to believe what the bible says about Christ. Some will listen and just not want to do what is necessary. I PRAY for these people.

Islam's Purpose? To eradicate their enemies. Either by forced inclusion into their religious beliefs or by destruction of non-believers. Mr. Ellison has studied with men that have been linked to terrorist organizations, and to groups that have committed terrorist acts against our nation. Does this sound like the kind of man that we should have working in our government protecting our freedoms? Shame on you Minnesota. Shame on us if we don't do something about it.

The war in Iraq....mixed emotions....but I'm proud of, and pray for, all of our troops, giving their lives in some cases, to fight for my freedom. Freedom is not free, but it is definitely worth fighting for, whatever the cost. Friends, the war is on, and we are in it for the long haul like it or not. But the battleground is not on foreign soil, it is right here at home. The enemy is not far away, the enemy is in our own backyard. They have infiltrated our schools, our businesses, and our government. And as one by one our religious freedoms go by the wayside, their thoughts, and their beliefs creep in that much more. (Prayer is no longer allowed in school, nor is the bible. But, Islam is taught, paganism is taught, evolution is taught in our schools, alternative lifestyles, sexual freedom, the list goes on and on.) Does what I say and feel here make me a Islamophobe? (A new word I've learned recently) No. Why should I be afraid? The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me? Heb 13:6

So, how about it? Do you fear? Will you stand up for God and be counted? Or will you one day wake up in a muslim state (that is their goal) hiding from your oppressors? Mr. Ellison, I am a patriot, but I am first a Christian. Every day before I put on my stars and stripes I put on the body of my Lord and try my best to live for Him. Do not be deceived, God will win this battle. "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.'" Rom 14:11 Whose side will you be on?

--End Rant--

I'll take my government Allah-carte please.......

Craig

No comments:

Verse of the Day