Friday, March 16, 2007

Pear Season


The pear season in Oklahoma is pretty short. Usually it is anyway. My pear trees (Bradford) are in full bloom these days. Unfortunately, most years they begin to bloom and we get one more freeze and they all fall off. Or, they'll go full bloom and you say, "Hey, I should take pictures of those pretty trees." But, alas, the next day the wind is 50+mph and all your blooms end up in Kansas with Dorothy. Not so this year. I have really noticed the last few days just how many (a lot) pear trees there are in Edmond. They are everywhere and they look like little fuzzy white-haired old men. From a distance that is. Wind is up today a little bit and I've noticed some "bloom-drifts" on the lee side of buildings and such, but I did manage to drag the ol' Canon pixelator out and shoot a few this pear season. Here are a few of my favorite shots:







Happy Spring Everybody!

No comments:

Verse of the Day