Friday, June 19, 2009

21774 - Jack's Room a.k.a. the Library

This ain't your Grannie's library. No sir. We got bright colored walls, dark curtains and a drum set! Jack's room wasn't done before we left for camp. Tandy got started on it as soon as everybody left town Sunday and by that evening was finished. Jack wanted an orange wall. When we were at church on Wednesday getting help with the pre-mentioned squares and I mentioned that the North wall, (the one closest to Stillwater) would be orange, Randy Hampton got really, really quiet. I said, "It's going to be ok Randy" and he said, "I can't breathe." We quickly found a nearby brother with the antidote printed on his shirt in crimson and after Randy recovered we continued with our conversation. Poor OU fans......good people......weak constitutions. Anyway, Jack just wanted one wall painted orange and that's it, but since we had already purchased the paint we convinced him to put gray on the other walls. It's an OSU color I told him and he argued with me, but I'm looking at my cup here on my desk right now and the logo is outlined in............gray.

I win.

I know many of you can't bear to look at the color orange but with the gray to offset its brightness the room looks pretty good. It is the same sidewalk gray that we used to do Jeff's room. His sheets are OSU, which Tandy found at Overstock.com for about 1/3 of the price of local retail, ($90 versus $280 local) and she finished off the windows with some black curtains. I don't have any in progress pictures because I was gone to camp, but here are a couple of finshed room shots. I plan to print copies of both J's rooms and post them on the door so that they will have a reference of what a clean and organized bedroom is supposed to look like.

There's only one more room left at the end of the hall. What color will it be?

No comments:

Verse of the Day